Study for a CIMSPA accepted – Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral through classroom sessions or distance learning.
BISMA is a leading training provider for fitness qualifications in the UK. Our qualifications are recognised by national and international Awarding Organisations. Our Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral qualification is awarded by Focus Awards ensuring your Awarding Body qualifications will be widely respected by registering bodies such as REPS UK Register for Exercise Professionals, CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for Management of Sport and Physical Activity), and NRPT (National Register for Personal Trainers). Some learners have also achieved EREPS membership (European REPS) and also ICREPS portability to use the qualification at International registers of exercise professionals (International Confederation for Registers of Exercise Professionals).
The aim of this Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to design, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment as a Level 3 GP and Exercise referral.
Career Path & Progression
What can I do with this qualification? Our qualifications support a wide range of occupations in the Active Leisure sector, including: Activity Leaders, Teaching Physical, Activity to Children, Duty Managers, Leisure Attendants, Fitness Managers and Personal Trainers. Once this course is completed, you will be able to move on to more advanced courses such as Level 4 Advanced Personal Training and Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain.
This qualification is made up of 6 units:
- Anatomy and physiology (Level 3)
- Professional practice for exercise referral instructors (Level 3)
- Understanding medical conditions for exercise referral (Level 4)
- Applying the principles of nutrition (Level 3)
- Planning an exercise referral programme with patients (Level 3)
- Instructing exercise with referred patients (Level 3)
Graduates will receive a Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
Our learners have achieved membership with many exercise professionals registering bodies, including REPS, NRPT, EREPS and CIMSPA.
- REPS Membership – Please visit the REPS website to find out the cost in joining REPS. Please note that our courses don’t cover the costs of joining REPS.
- CIMSPA Membership – CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) is becoming one of the most well known and respected registers for exercise professionals and so our qualification will allow you to become a member of CIMSPA.
- NRPT Membership – NRPT (National Register of Exercise Professionals) is a well established register for personal trainers.
- EREPS Membership – EREPS (European Register of Exercise Professionals) is an European register of exercise professionals.
This course is delivered in high quality fitness venues across London:
- The minimum age for entry to enrol on to this course is 16 years of age.
- You will have to have qualified as a Level 2 Gym Instructor to enrol on to this course.
- Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK in order to sign up for this course.
- Learners will need to have basic level of English Literacy and Numeracy to enrol on to this course.
Once this course is completed, you will be able to move on to more advanced courses such as Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training, Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Sports and Exercise Performance, and Level 3 Award in Conditioning for Exercise and Sports Performance.
Learners will need to complete the following CPD Courses first before booking the practical assessment:
- Principles of Core Training for PTs CPD
- Principle of Kettlebell Training for PTs CPD
- Principles of Suspension Training for PTs CPD
- Principles of Business Skills for Fitness Professionals CPD
- Principles of Advanced Consultation Skills for PTs CPD
- Principles of Fitness Testing for PTs CPD
- Principles of Medical Conditions for PTs CPD
- Principles of Sustainable Fitness (Injury Prevention) for PTs CPD
- Principles of Circuit Training for PTs CPD
- Principles of Sports Nutrition for PTs CPD
This course is available for online learners only, learners will be required to complete the paperwork for this course and book a practical assessment. Book Here
Why Choose BISMA?
STUDY MATERIAL & TUTOR SUPPORT
- You will receive an official BISMA log-in (virtual learning) containing mock tests, additional information for your course units, company policies and learner induction.
- You will receive your paper portfolio to be completed as part of your course, meaning you will have everything you need from day one.
ASSESSMENT PROCESS AND CERTIFICATION
- You will have access to mock tests to help prepare you for your theory exams.
- You will be given practical mock exams to ensure you are fully prepared and confident for your final practical exam.
- All theory and practical assessments are included in the price listed.
- Free reassessments are included in the course fee, meaning you will not be charged for any assessments or reassessments.
- Awarding Body Certification (hard copy) will be given within 30-60 days of completing the course and receipt of final payment.
- This qualification is awarded by the prestigious Focus Awards.
BISMA has a large network of contacts with professionals such as fitness managers recruiting for health and fitness venues, allowing us to direct graduates to job opportunities with large employers such as:
- The Gym Group (locations nationally)
- Pure Gym (locations nationally)
- The Apple’s Health Clubs (London)
- Virgin Active Health Clubs (locations nationally)
- Target Fit (London and Essex).