BISMA is a leading training provider for fitness qualifications in the UK. Our qualifications are Ofqual Regulated and Recognised by National and International Awarding Organisations. Our Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training qualification is awarded by Focus Awards ensuring your qualification will be recognised by all major registering bodies such as REPs (Register of Exercise Professionals – UK), CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for Management of Sport and Physical Activity), UKActive (formally known as FIA (Fitness Industry Association), NRPT (National Register for Personal Trainers), EREPs (European REPs) and ICREPs (International Confederation for Registers of Exercise Professionals).
The aim of this Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to design, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise plans within a gym or health club environment as a Level 3 Personal Trainer.
Career Path & Progression
What can I do with this qualification? Our qualifications support a wide range of occupations in the Active Leisure sector, including: Activity Leaders, Teaching Physical, Activity to Children, Duty Managers, Leisure Attendants, Fitness Managers and Personal Trainers. Once this course is completed, you will be able to move on to more advanced courses such as Level 4 Advanced Personal Training and Level 3 GP Referral.
This qualification is made up of 10 units:
- Anatomy and physiology (Level 2)
- Knowing how to support clients (Level 2)
- Health and Safety in a fitness environment (Level 2)
- Principles of exercise, health & fitness (Level 2)
- Planning gym instructing sessions (Level 2)
- Instructing gym-based exercise sessions (Level 2)
- Applying the principles of nutrition (Level 3)
- Anatomy and physiology (Level 3)
- Planning personal training sessions (Level 3)
- Instructing personal training sessions (Level 3)
After that you will be able to complete the following CPD Courses
- Principles of Core Training for PTs CPD
- Principles of Kettlebell Training for PTs CPD
- Principles of Suspension Training for PTs CPD
- Principles of Business Skills for Fitness Professionals CPD
- Principles of Advanced Consultation Skills for PTs CPD
- Principles of Fitness Testing for PTs CPD
- Principles of Medical Conditions for PTs CPD
- Principles of Sustainable Fitness (Injury Prevention) for PTs CPD
- Principles of Circuit Training for PTs CPD
- Principles of Sports Nutrition for PTs CPD
- Intensive Course (8 Face-to-Face Lessons) plus Optional Tutor Support Sessions (Levels 2+3 PT Course plus 10 CPD courses): Course Price £999, you can sign up for this course in £999 (Upfront Full Payment Discount), you can also sign up for this course on 8 Monthly Payments of £137.50 (Total £1,100)
- Distance Learning Course (including optional 2 practical training days in London) Levels 2+3 PT Course: Course Price £777, you can sign up for this course in £777 (Upfront Payment Discount), you can also sign up for this course on 8 Monthly Payments of £106.25 (Total: £850)
Graduates will receive a Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training.
Our qualification is accredited by REPs, EREPs, ICREPs, ukactive, NRPT and CIMSPA.
- REPs Membership – Graduates will be able to apply for REPs membership to become a member of the Register of Exercise Professionals. You will also be able to apply for professional insurance. Please visit the REPs website to find out the cost of joining REPs and REPs insurance. Please note that our courses don’t cover the costs of joining the REPs or REPs insurance. We provide a REPs recognised certification only, if you would like us to include REPs registration or REPs insurance fees in your course price, please contact us.
- CIMSPA Membership – CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) is becoming one of the most well known and respected registers for exercise professionals and so our qualification will allow you to become a member of CIMSPA.
This course is delivered in high-quality fitness venues across London:
- BISMA – London (Vauxhall), The Gym Group Vauxhall, 6A Saint George Wharf, Wandsworth Road, SW8 2LE. This venue includes a studio facility, refreshment area, disabled access, high-end fitness equipment, lockers and fully equipped changing rooms.
- BISMA – London (Waterloo), Mindset, 1 Lower Marsh, London, SE1 7NT. This facility offers an excellent learning environment in Central London. This venue includes a studio facility, refreshment area, disabled access, high-end fitness equipment, lockers and fully equipped changing rooms.
- BISMA – London (Ilford), The Gym Group Ilford (Romford Road), 970 Romford Road, Ilford, London, E12 5LP. This facility offers an excellent learning environment in East London and Essex. This venue includes a classroom facility, refreshment area, disabled access, high-end fitness equipment, lockers, fully equipped changing rooms and free car parking on site.
- The minimum age for entry to enrol on to this course is 16 years of age.
- Learners will need to have a basic level of English Literacy and Numeracy to enrol on to this course.
- Learners will need to have a basic level of IT skills and access to a computer, during the course.
- Learners that suffer from any medical problems, injuries or have anything else that would affect their participation in exercise sessions will need to provide a “Doctor Letter” before booking this course.
Once this course is completed, you will be able to move on to more advanced courses such as Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training, Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Sports and Exercise Performance, Level 3 Award in Conditioning for Exercise and Sports Performance, and Level 3 GP Referral courses.
Why Choose BISMA?
STUDY MATERIAL & TUTOR SUPPORT
- The course price includes a paper manual that will be provided to you at the beginning of your course. This will not only help you during your studies, but will continue to provide you with useful information throughout your career.
- This course provides learners with free tutor support available via phone and by e-mail. This support will aid you in your studies, ensuring you feel confident in passing on your exams.
- You will receive an official BISMA log-in (virtual learning) containing mock tests, additional information for your course units, company policies and learner induction.
- You will receive your paper portfolio to be completed as part of your course, meaning you will have everything you need from day one.
ASSESSMENT PROCESS AND CERTIFICATION
- All theory and practical assessments are included in the price listed.
- Free reassessments are included in the course fee, meaning you will not be charged for any assessments or reassessments.
- Company Completion Letter will be given to you upon completion of the course normally within 10 working days (allowing you to get REPs/CIMSPA membership and start working immediately).
- Awarding Body Certification (hard copy) will be given within 30-60 days of completing the course and receipt of final payment.
- This qualification is awarded by the prestigious Focus Awards.
BISMA has a large network of contacts with professionals such as fitness managers recruiting for health and fitness venues, allowing us to direct graduates to job opportunities with large employers such as: