BISMA is a leading training provider for fitness qualifications in the UK. Our qualifications are recognised by national and international Awarding Organisations. Our Level 2 Fitness Instructing (Gym) qualification is awarded by Focus Awards ensuring your qualification will be recognised by all major registering bodies such as REPs (Register of Exercise Professionals – UK), CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for Management of Sport and Physical Activity), ukactive (formally known as FIA (Fitness Industry Association), NRPT (National Register for Personal Trainers), EREPs (European REPs) and ICREPs (International Confederation for Registers of Exercise Professionals).
The aim of this Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to design, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programs within a gym or health club environment as a Level 2 Gym Instructor.
Career Path & Progression
What can I do with this qualification? Our qualifications support a wide range of occupations in the Active Leisure sector, including: Activity Leaders, Teaching Physical, Activity to Children, Duty Managers, Leisure Attendants, Fitness Managers. Once this course is completed, you will be able to move on to more advanced courses such as Level 3 Personal Training and Level 3 GP Referral.
This qualification is made up of 6 units:
- Knowing how to support clients
- Health and Safety in a fitness environment
- Anatomy and physiology
- Principles of exercise, health & fitness
- Planning gym-based sessions
- Instructing gym-based exercises
- Intensive Course (4 Face-to-Face Lessons) plus Optional Tutor Support Sessions: Course Price £370, you can sign up for this course in £370 (Upfront Full Payment Discount), you can also sign up for this course on 4 Monthly Payments of £100 (Total: £400)
- Distance Learning Course (including two optional practical training days in London): Course Price £370, you can sign up for this course in £370 (Upfront Full Payment Discount), you can also sign up for this course on 4 Monthly Payments of £100 (Total: £400)
Graduates will receive an Internationally Recognised REPs/CIMSPA Accepted Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym).
Our qualification is accepted by REPs, EREPs, ICREPs, UKActive, NRPT and CIMSPA.
- REPs Membership – Graduates will be able to apply for REPs membership to become a member of the Register of Exercise Professionals. You will also be able to apply for professional insurance. Please visit the REPs website to find out the cost of joining REPs and REPs insurance. Please note that our courses don’t cover the costs of joining the REPs or REPs insurance. We provide a REPs recognised certification only, if you would like us to include REPs registration or REPs insurance fees in your course price, please contact us.
- CIMSPA Membership – CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) is becoming one of the most well known and respected registers for exercise professionals and so our qualification will allow you to become a member of CIMSPA.
This course is delivered in high-quality fitness venues across London:
- BISMA London Vauxhall, The Gym Vauxhall, 6A Saint George Wharf, Wandsworth Road, SW8 2LE. This venue includes a studio facility, refreshment area, disabled access, high-end fitness equipment, lockers and fully equipped changing rooms.
- BISMA London Waterloo, Mindset, 1 Lower Marsh, London, SE1 7NT. This facility offers an excellent learning environment in Central London. This venue includes a studio facility, refreshment area, disabled access, high-end fitness equipment, lockers and fully equipped changing rooms.
- BISMA London Ilford, The Gym Ilford (Romford Road), 970 Romford Road, Ilford, London, E12 5LP. This facility offers an excellent learning environment in East London and Essex. This venue includes a classroom facility, refreshment area, disabled access, high-end fitness equipment, lockers, fully equipped changing rooms and free car parking on site.
- The minimum age for entry to enrol on to this course is 16 years of age.
- Learners will need to have a basic level of English Literacy and Numeracy to enrol on to this course.
- Learners will need to have a basic level of IT skills and access to a computer.
- Learners that suffer from any medical problems, injuries or have anything else that would affect the learner in participating in exercise sessions will need to provide a “Doctor Letter” before booking this course.
Why Choose BISMA?
STUDY MATERIAL & TUTOR SUPPORT
- The course price includes a paper manual that will be provided to you at the beginning of your course. This will not only help you during your studies, but will continue to provide you with useful information throughout your career.
- This course provides learners with free tutor support available via phone and by e-mail. This support will aid you in your studies, ensuring you feel confident in passing on your exams.
- You will receive an official BISMA log-in (virtual learning) containing mock tests, additional information for your course units, company policies and learner induction.
- You will receive your paper portfolio to be completed as part of your course, meaning you will have everything you need from day one.
ASSESSMENT PROCESS AND CERTIFICATION
- All theory and practical assessments are included in the price listed.
- Free reassessments are included in the course fee, meaning you will not be charged for any assessments or reassessments.
- Company Completion Letter will be given to you upon completion of the course normally within 10 working days (allowing you to get REPs/CIMSPA membership and start working immediately).
- Awarding Body Certification (hard copy) will be given within 30-60 days of completing the course and receipt of final payment.
- This qualification is awarded by the prestigious Focus Awards.