Study the Ofqual Regulated Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Weight Management and Athletic Performance through distance learning.
BISMA is a leading training provider for fitness qualifications in the UK. Our qualifications are recognised by national and international Awarding Organisations. Our Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Weight Management and Athletic Performance qualification is awarded by Focus Awards ensuring your Awarding Body qualifications will be widely respected by registering bodies such as REPS UK Register for Exercise Professionals, CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for Management of Sport and Physical Activity), and NRPT (National Register for Personal Trainers). Some learners have also achieved EREPS membership (European REPS) and also ICREPS portability to use the qualification at International registers of exercise professionals (International Confederation for Registers of Exercise Professionals).
The aim of this Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Weight Management and Athletic Performance is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to design, plan and deliver safe and effective nutritional programmes for clients that are exercising and need advice in weight management and/or athletic performance within a gym or health club environment as a Level 4 Nutrition Advisor.
Career Path & Progression
What can I do with this qualification? Our qualifications support a wide range of occupations in the Active Leisure sector, including: Activity Leaders, Teaching Physical, Activity to Children, Duty Managers, Leisure Attendants, Fitness Managers and Personal Trainers. Once this course is completed, you will be able to move on to more advanced courses such as the Level 5 Leadership and Management course.
This qualification is made up of 6 units:
- Unit: Systems of the Human Body (Level 4)
- Unit: Human metabolism, the energy balance and the currency of calories (Level 4)
- Unit: Common diets, food labelling, and the effects of marketing (Level 4)
- Unit: Fuelling for Athletic Performance (Level 4)
- Unit: Applied Nutrition for Health (Level 4)
- Unit: Understanding supplemental aids and strategy for nutritional goals (Level 4)
Graduates will receive an Ofqual Regulated qualification: Focus Awards Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Weight Management and Athletic Performance.
Our personal training learners have achieved membership with many exercise professionals registering bodies, including REPS, NRPT, EREPS and CIMSPA. This nutrition course normally complement other fitness courses such as personal training and yoga teacher.
- REPS Membership – Please visit the REPS website to find out the cost in joining REPS. Please note that our courses don’t cover the costs of joining REPS.
- CIMSPA Membership – CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) is becoming one of the most well known and respected registers for exercise professionals and so our qualification will allow you to become a member of CIMSPA.
- NRPT Membership – NRPT (National Register of Exercise Professionals) is a well established register for personal trainers.
- EREPS Membership – EREPS (European Register of Exercise Professionals) is an European register of exercise professionals.
This course is delivered by distance learning
- The minimum age for entry to enrol on to this course is 16 years of age.
- Learners will need to have a basic level of English proficiency to enrol on to this course.
- Prior to starting this course, learners will need to have completed at least one CIMSPA practitioner qualification, such as the “Gym Instructor Practitioner”, “Personal Training Practitioner”, “Yoga Teacher Practitioner”, “Pilates Instructor Practitioner”, “Exercise Referral Practitioner”, “Group Exercise Instructor Practitioner”, “Coach Practitioner” or “Advanced Coach Practitioner”.
Once this course is completed, you will be able to move on to more advanced courses such as the Level 5 Leadership and Management course.
Advised Courses to Enrol Next
Fitness professionals are required to have a valid First Aid Certificate to comply with HSE regulations. These courses are all available through BISMA at affordable prices.
Why Choose BISMA?
STUDY MATERIAL & TUTOR SUPPORT
- You will receive an official BISMA log-in (virtual learning) containing e-books and videos to access when logged in to the portal, and additional information for your course units, including company policies and learner induction.
- You will also have access to the paperwork (portfolio) in the student portal, and this can be downloaded and completed as part of your course, meaning you will have everything you need from the start of the course.
ASSESSMENT PROCESS AND CERTIFICATION
- All theory assessments are included in the price listed.
- Free reassessments are included in the course fee, meaning you will not be charged for any assessments or reassessments.
- Company Certificate will be given to you upon completion of the course normally within 5-10 working days.
- Awarding Body Certification (hard copy) will be given within 30-60 days of completing the course and receipt of final payment.
- This qualification is awarded by the prestigious Focus Awards (CIMSPA Partner Awarding Body).