BISMA is a leading training provider for fitness qualifications in the UK. Our qualifications are recognised by national and international Awarding Organisations. Our Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Weight Management and Athletic Performance qualification is awarded by Focus Awards ensuring your qualification, especially when combining with any of our fitness qualifications, will be recognised by all major registering bodies such as REPs (Register of Exercise Professionals – UK), CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for Management of Sport and Physical Activity), UKActive (formally known as FIA (Fitness Industry Association), NRPT (National Register for Personal Trainers), EREPs (European REPs) and ICREPs (International Confederation for Registers of Exercise Professionals).
The aim of this Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Weight Management and Athletic Performance is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to design, plan and deliver safe and effective nutritional programmes for clients that are exercising and need advice in weight management and/or athletic performance within a gym or health club environment as a Level 4 Nutrition Advisor.
Career Path & Progression
What can I do with this qualification? Our qualifications support a wide range of occupations in the Active Leisure sector, including: Activity Leaders, Teaching Physical, Activity to Children, Duty Managers, Leisure Attendants, Fitness Managers and Personal Trainers. Once this course is completed, you will be able to move on to more advanced courses such as the Level 5 Leadership and Management course.
This qualification is made up of 6 units:
- Unit: Systems of the Human Body (Level 4)
- Unit: Human metabolism, the energy balance and the currency of calories (Level 4)
- Unit: Common diets, food labelling, and the effects of marketing (Level 4)
- Unit: Fuelling for Athletic Performance (Level 4)
- Unit: Applied Nutrition for Health (Level 4)
- Unit: Understanding supplemental aids and strategy for nutritional goals (Level 4)
Graduates will receive an Ofqual Regulated qualification: Focus Awards Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Weight Management and Athletic Performance.
Our qualification is accepted by CIMSPA/REPs, EREPs, ICREPs, UKactive and NRPT.
- REPS/CIMSPA Membership – CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) is the most well known and respected register for exercise professionals and so our fitness qualifications will be recognised by REPS/CIMSPA. As this is an advanced qualification, learners will be required to already have a CIMSPA recognised membership as a “Practitioner”, such as the “Gym Instructor Practitioner”, “Personal Training Practitioner”, “Yoga Teacher Practitioner”, “Pilates Instructor Practitioner”, “Exercise Referral Practitioner”, “Group Exercise Instructor Practitioner”, “Coach Practitioner” or “Advanced Coach Practitioner”. PS. Please note that REPs (The Register for Exercise Professionals) has now merged to one register with CIMSPA.
This course is delivered by distance learning
- The minimum age for entry to enrol on to this course is 16 years of age.
- Learners will need to have a basic level of English proficiency to enrol on to this course.
- Prior to starting this course, learners will need to have completed at least one CIMSPA practitioner qualification, such as the “Gym Instructor Practitioner”, “Personal Training Practitioner”, “Yoga Teacher Practitioner”, “Pilates Instructor Practitioner”, “Exercise Referral Practitioner”, “Group Exercise Instructor Practitioner”, “Coach Practitioner” or “Advanced Coach Practitioner”.
Once this course is completed, you will be able to move on to more advanced courses such as the Level 5 Leadership and Management course.
Advised Courses to Enrol Next
Fitness professionals are required to have a valid First Aid Certificate to comply with HSE regulations. These courses are all available through BISMA at affordable prices.
This course is available online, and so you can sign up and start the course at any time.
Sign up for this course on one payment of £499 (Upfront Payment Discount) Here.
Why Choose BISMA?
STUDY MATERIAL & TUTOR SUPPORT
- You will receive an official BISMA log-in (virtual learning) containing e-books and videos to access when logged in to the portal, and additional information for your course units, including company policies and learner induction.
- You will also have access to the paperwork (portfolio) in the student portal, and this can be downloaded and completed as part of your course, meaning you will have everything you need from the start of the course.
ASSESSMENT PROCESS AND CERTIFICATION
- All theory assessments are included in the price listed.
- Free reassessments are included in the course fee, meaning you will not be charged for any assessments or reassessments.
- Company Certificate will be given to you upon completion of the course normally within 5-10 working days.
- Awarding Body Certification (hard copy) will be given within 30-60 days of completing the course and receipt of final payment.
- This qualification is awarded by the prestigious Focus Awards (CIMSPA Partner Awarding Body).