The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) is the largest independent public register for the Health and Fitness Industry in the UK, recognising the qualifications and expertise of health-enhancing exercise instructors across the four home nations.
REPs was developed to protect the public from trainers who do not hold appropriate qualifications and insurance, while providing assurance and confidence to the public and employers that all professionals on the register are appropriately qualified with the knowledge, competence and skills to perform their role effectively.
REPS registered fitness professionals become eligible to apply for fitness related roles at UK fitness facilities, as well as, opening the doors to many international job opportunities, including, Fitness Instructors, Personal Trainers, Yoga Teachers, Strength and Conditioning, Nutrition Advisor and other fitness qualifications.
REPs members are required to keep their knowledge up-to-date by completing CPD points (CPD – Continuous Professional Development), these can be completed by completing qualifications:
- REPs Approved Ofqual Level 2 qualifications (16-20 points)
- REPs Approved Ofqual Level 3 qualifications (20 points)
- REPs Approved Ofqual Level 4 qualifications (20 points)
- REPs Approved Ofqual Level 5 qualifications (20 points)
- REPs Approved Ofqual Level 3 First Aid Courses (4-8 points)
- REPs Approved (Non-Ofqual) Awarding Body Endorsed qualifications (4-16 points)
- REPs Approved Workshops, Seminars and other Events (4-6 points)
- REPS Endorsed Books from Experienced Fitness Professionals (1-4 points)
- REPS Online Free-Quizzes, REPs Journal Questions and Free-Mini-CPD-Courses (1-4 points)
Latest REPS update:
In February 2020 UK Coaching, CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sports and Physical Activity) and REPs (Register of Exercise Professionals) have announced their intention to merge their registering body from REPs and CIMSPA to just CIMSPA. In July 2021, all REPs members members became CIMSPA members, while UK coaching continued managing CIMSPA activities, including membership and completion of CPD points.